Friday, August 13, 2010

Stirling HDB Terrace - #209 Another trip at Classic Furniture

this trip took us 3 hours again.
Dunno why, but every time our design sessions with our wardrobe/cupboards peeps take really long...and it's draining my weekend hours away. So sad rite. Not that i do not want to spend time on my reno. But half a day at Classics on my precious weekend is really hard to bear.
I NEVER WANT TO DEAL WITH CLASSIC FURNITURE ANYMORE!

Here's what we have decided.

a selection of door handles for our cupboards in the kitchen.

We are going for Cheaper Cresto option instead of Corian. Will have to be extra careful as I've heard quite a few complaints about Cresto and having stains just from coffee, tea and even plastic bags like Gardenia bread, 7-11 bags and NTUC bags!!! And they(CLASSIC) didn't even tell me this sort of maintenance issues when they offered me this...had to find out online!!!

And this was my second time telling CLASSIC that I'm going for this cresto colour, going for this kind of edge finish.

Here's a sample of the cresto which we have chosen. (2nd time too, what a waste of time)

Sketches on our wardrobe and kitchen. Still wrong when I specifically told him the clear dimensions which i needed for my wardrobe partitions.


more sketching on the spot and a book of laminates for us to choose our wardrobe colour. (2nd time choosing again, I don't understand them, I've already chosen my colour and type, why do i need to choose AGAIN??!!! It's not that I wanted to change my mind or something.)

service and rates: I think the person in charge of our project is very patient and helpful. (the only good point)

However, the downside is everything at Classic is VERY CHARGEABLE. They wouldn't go the extra mile of providing anything extra. Take for instance, our tallboy (built-in microwave and oven cupboard) has this little space under the oven which couldn't be used for a swing-open cupboard as it's really quite shallow. Obviously Classic told us to put a drawer instead. BUT !!! at an extra charge! What is this! I mean they are already charging me everything per foot run from the top cabinet to the bottom cabinet, sides of the cupboards they are also charging!!! This little drawer they also wanted me to pay extra!!!

Next item: I have a breakfast counter which I'm already paying per foot run for the top, sides on all 4 sides and they wanted to charge me per foot run for putting 3 swing doors!!! WHAT IS THIS!!! If my kitchen cabinet were charged per foot run with swing door cabinets, WHY ON EARTH my breakfast top which I'm already paying per foot run, they are charging me EXTRA for the swing doors!!! I WAS SO F***king pissed with the guy. I know it isn't his fault as this is "COMPANY POLICY" but WTH.

horrible policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...