Monday, October 18, 2010

Stirling HDB Terrace - #240 Herbie

ONE MONTH of babysitting my herbies
here's my horrible experience..only the mint plant survived.


Anyway, mum told me not to buy anymore plants before i officially shift in. She said that since i do not stay there often, it's very likely that i have no time to care for them too...well she's right. So i shall stay clear of plants for a while now...


Care for mint
Lots of sunlight + water (and pruning in my case!) Still surviving!!!!

Care for Rosemary
Rosemary should be grown in full sun according to online sources.(for my case, i think it works better in a sheltered area with sunlight like on a window sill or a balcony). When i put it in my yard, open to sky without shelter, it started to dry up even though i water it once a day. And I thought perhaps I over-watered it. Eventually I think it wasn't over-watered but too heated up from our singapore sunny and hot weather! It dead eventually. SOBSOB.

Care for Thyme
This one is a weirdo. I think it doesn't require full sunlight at all and do not over-water it. Let the soil dry before you water it again. It prefers well drained soil. And don't let it dry too long without water too! It's damn difficult.
Verdict: dead.dried.withered.
COD: heat (think CSI and you will know what COD stands for!)

2 comments:

  1. come across your blog when looking for plants in hdb .... you have lots of nice plants and ideas, bookmarked your blog for future reading ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sending this info. I learned alot from it. I am grateful for the amount of time and effort you put into this helping us.

    Regards,
    Buy Terrace and Balcony Plants Online - Dharmik Gardens

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...