Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve 2013

This is going to be a really long post of pictures, revelry that dragged from 630pm to 1030pm!!!
As usual, I have a really nice christmas wreath as my centrepiece for dinner, decorated items from Daiso and IKEA. This year, I've added a potpurri bird container from Franc Franc in the centre of the centrepiece.

My soup and salad plate both from Daiso and the silver baubble from Franc Franc, bringing all the bling to the table.
 My polka dotty placemat is from Franc Franc too!


Jules is very busy with his hammer...trying to find things to fix this christmas and under our christmas tree are loads of presents to be given away! This year as the same as last year, we are having Rosemary turkey from Cold Storage which we ordered way in advance. It's a package that comes with ham and stuffing plus 2 bottles of sparkling juice because I can't have any red wine - sob sob.

 So in the oven, we are roasting some veggies for the salad and heating up the turkey for 20mins.
 A family picture before my parents arrive. we are in dinosaur tees today!!!


And i did some garlic buttered crotons in the air fryer, set at 180 degrees for 5mins and it turned out quite good! What i did was to spread the garlic spread on a slice of bread, cut into small bits and toss it in a bowl of olive oil and air fry it! So simple!!!

2 photos of me and hubs while we wait for my parents to come. They are late!!! And when my mum finally arrived she told me she was late because she was doing last minute shopping for my dad.

Sounds familiar because when I was preparing our salad, hubs took 45mins off to go find a Christmas present for me too! He said he wanted to have a present for me under the tree. oh...it's really sweet of him!!! We have made each other a pair of spectacles but it wouldn't be ready before Christmas. So we didn't managed to have it under the tree...but i secretly when out during lunchtime and got him a present on the eve of Christmas eve. So he felt really bad and wanted me to open a present too on Christmas eve.
 Jules rubbing the train on his feet because he saw his dad doing it!!!
 My starter for our christmas eve dinner - clam chowder with crotons!
And we opened a bottle of the sparkling juice to toast to Christmas!!! Jules is having his christmas dinner with us too, but we only gave him pieces of turkey. That's all he is having!


After we had my roasted veggie salad, it's time to take the bird out!!! and hubs is cutting the turkey into half first before we serve it at the dining table because it is so huge and it's really impossible for all of us to finish it by tonight.

we are going to give a quarter of the turkey to my parents with the ham and stuffing. Tomorrow we are going to Turkey porridge for lunch and Turkey sandwich for supper.
My mum talking to Jules...and look at Jules' expression! In disbelief at what his grandma is telling him about some other relatives' baby grandson is potty train at age of 1 and Jules is already 1.5 years and still wearing diapers. Shame on you Jules!!!
 Jules: NO! i don't believe you that he is not wearing diapers!!!



And Jules couldn't sit still for long in his baby chair, decides to walk around inspecting what the rest are doing. He checks out his grandpa who shows hims the turkey drumstick.






 Dinner is over and it's time to exchange presents!!!






We bought Jules a vegetable set that can cut into half to teach him all about cooking preparation. So he's enjoying himself here, learning how to use the plastic knife and chopping board, cutting up his veggies.



 Hubs bought me a clarisonic! WOW! I really didn't expect this!!!
 And I bought hubs a Philips shave christmas bundle that comes with an electronic toothbrush.



And we also bought a shopping trolley with loads of shopping items for Jules and he loves it to bits!!! All the boys put their heads together to assemble the shopping cart.


 Boys at work
From Jules' grandparents, they bought him 2 trains and it can talk and light up! Jules brought it up to bed that night.


From my parents, they bought us this really cute limited edition Nespresso cups which shaped like the nespresso capsules and a 4 piece glassware with stirrer. Really pretty where we can serve coffee float in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...